Here’s what I got from their website: https://rebellion.earth/the-truth/demands/
(1) “Government must tell the truth by declaring a climate and ecological emergency, working with other institutions to communicate the urgency for change.”
Now, I’m all in favo(u)r of government telling the truth! (Which it almost never does). But the truth is, that the greenies have gone way beyond sanity. To anyone who looks into the matter, the green allegations – and the mantra “human CO2 emissions cause catastrophic climate change” in particular – are fraudulent. They’re right that there’s urgency for change; but wrong about its direction.
(2) “Government must act now to reduce biodiversity loss and reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2025.”
Again, they are right and yet wrong. If government should act “to reduce biodiversity loss”, it ought to act to protect the most endangered species on this planet – we civilized human beings! The greenies and their political soulmates have already taken away most of our rights, freedoms and earned prosperity. And now they are closing in on us, and trying to destroy what remains of our civilization.
Would they destroy a termite hill? If yes, how would they explain themselves to the individual termites? If no, where do they get any right to destroy our termite hill?
(3) Government must create and be led by the decisions of a Citizens’ Assembly on climate and ecological justice.
Umm, well, err… “I’m the king of your castle.”
* * *
It seems that the driving force behind this movement is the idea that human beings are driving (no pun intended) all other species to extinction. According to received wisdom, there is about one species on this planet for every thousand human individuals. And therefore, about one in a thousand of us must be guilty of extinguishing, or at least trying to extinguish, a species.
So, I thought I’d put forward some questions to ask those that accuse you or me of this “crime.”
(1) Name a species, in whose extinction I played a part.
(2) Describe that species. In detail.
(3) Clearly differentiate that species from any other similar species.
(4) Give the date on which the species became extinct.
(5) Prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that there were live examples of the species within the 10 years preceding your extinction date. If possible, exhibit a specimen.
(6) Prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that the species had died out before your claimed extinction date.
(7) State the causes of that extinction.
(8) State what I as an individual did, and on what date, that contributed to that extinction.
(9) Prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that what I did, on that date, contributed to the extinction of the species you named.
(10) Prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that you have never played any part in extinguishing, or attempting to extinguish, any species. (If you can’t, you have no right to prosecute me.)